Monday, April 05, 2010

Jason's tattoo design - final outline (3 1/2" x 5 1/2", ink)

I've been working for a while now on a tattoo design for my boyfriend Jason and it has been fairly slow going. At first I was surprised that it was such a lengthy project - I just felt maybe I was a lot more rusty than I had thought, but now I understand why it's taking this long. I want to make sure I get the design perfect and that it is something that he loves. After all, the image is one that he will be putting on his arm permanently!

He's had the general idea in his head for a long time, with no solid design ideas other than his wanting the logo of the Detroit Red Wings (his favorite hockey team) as the main theme, but not the only image. The parameters he gave me were that the design had to be approx. 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" and had to have the Red Wings logo prominently displayed. We decided on a design featuring my interpretation of the recent octopus "mascot" the team has been using. In the design, the octopus is holding the logo above his head. It has been a fun challenge and so far he loves it! I am working on the final color image now, I hope to have it completed by the end of the week.

No comments: